12 June 2005

Reasons my mum's glad I'm in Tanzania

1) I've started praying regularly - The roads are so horrendous here it's hard not to. Although cars, buses and dalla-dallas are normally flying down the road at such speeds it's terrifying, when they slow down I am even more frightened. A sudden stop means we're about to hit something, there's a 'puddle' in the road, or we're about to hit a pothole so massive we might capsize.

2) I'm getting more exercise than I have in my life - I'm lifting, carrying or picking up children all the time, I walk everywhere I possibly can (see above), and my stomach muscles are getting a massive workout going over all the bumps in the road.

3) I don't want to have sex - Spending as much time as I have recently visiting hospitals talking to patients (all female) and health workers (all male) might be the best abstinence programme ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see you on Tuesday - love you lots - Mummy (+ James)