23 June 2006

Mwanza revisited

Yesterday Abby and I arrived in Mwanza and were extremely warmly welcomed by Joseph and all the children in Fonelisco. The children at the orphanage (and the staff) put on a wonderful performance singing and dancing for us. At the end Abby and I were forced to get up and join everyone - so it was a good thing we got some rest in Nairobi otherwise we would have been knackered!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
the staff performing a local dance

Last year while I was here I took a group of streetkids out to dinner at the local pizzeria that's run by another orphanage in mwanza. Yesterday when I walked into Fonelisco I saw Jimmy straight away, one of the streetkids I had told to go to Joseph's orphanage a year ago. I couldn't believe that he had taken my advice and it was so nice to see that he was healthy, happy and safe :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
abby and jimmy

No comments: